I'm finally at a point where almost everything works. I know people have been interested, and honestly I just want to get something out for people to look at, even though certain things are still in development.
- Femto Stellarator is craftable, but not implemented. It says this in the research. Build at your own consequence. Not risk. Consequence.
- Industry and crafting system over-reliance on Assembler. The next thing I am working on is redesigning the crafting and industry tree. I want to add about 4-5 more machines spread out over the entire tech tree for use in crafting the majority of items so schematics aren't required for every little fiddly bit. Also included in this is additional crafting items to replace the 'builds out of precurser tiers'. The feel I want to go towards is the Femto logic gates. I would like to have a 'start fresh' feel to each new tier, rather than the current setup with the plating or nanochips. As such, expect the industry system to change dramatically as I'm working on making it easier and a lot more interesting.
- Vacuum Tubes are fiddly. Yes they are. I am rewriting them to be a lot easier and more manageable. A simple rule of thumb is, place tubes at the DESTINATION, leading back to the source.
- Suction Pipes are spammy. I need to rethink how I'm going to do packets for suction pipes. For small systems without constant transfer, they're fine. They quickly go overboard for other uses though. As such, all Suction Pipes start out in Blackout mode, which means they don't send packet updates. Shift-right-click with an interface device toggles this mode.
- Machine sidedness. Machine inputs are accessible from the top. The sides are generally for output. For the Furnace and Deconstructor, the bottom is the input and only enabled if the machine doesn't know what to do with the input. The Reconstructor accepts input anywhere but 'East' face, which is for output. Configurability is also in the works.
The API is mostly stable. If anything, only more things will add to it. There is already a developer working to make a RF->OP conversion mod.
Please feel free to join #Femtocraft on irc.esper.net if you have any questions about the mechanics.
Download the latest build here, or on the sidebar.
I want to give a big thanks to Cozza38 and the wonderful people at OTEGamers for hosting the Jenkins server, and just being a great place to play.
If you're expecting a fully functional mod with tons of content to just drop into any pack and have a hayday with, you've come to the wrong place.
This is for people who want to support the development of this mod, or to see what all the fuss is about.
Additionally, due to unforeseeable cross-mod interactions, the larger the pack you drop this into the more configuration you will need to do.
DISCLAIMER: This is an alpha version. Things may break. Do not say I didn't warn you. Various mechanics are still in the works. Feel free to post bug reports on the github issue tracker. If it crashes, include logs.