...has not stopped! I just have been working on many little things that I don't feel were worth individual posts, but now I have something big done I felt I could throw them in here.
I broke down the research data into individual files per character. Thus, if one character's research got corrupted, it would be easier to save/restore/edit, and in the end wouldn't break anyone else's research.
I've also been refactoring the majority of my industry TileEntity classes. Long/short of it is that it is very simple to make the upgradeable tiers and I can pump each one out in under an hour. Also, the 3 main machines (Furnace/Reconstructor/Deconstructor) all support working on an ItemStack whose size is greater than 1. I.E. Furnace can smelt a stack of Iron of size 8. They also all support instant work.
I finished the Encoder TileEntity (look for an update concerning this and the Reconstructor) soon. This finishes the Encoder/Deconstructor/Reconstructor trifecta.
The GUIs for the majority of the Industry/Power machines have been made.
Long and not least, the Tech Tree is almost finished. I just need to wrap up the Femto tier technologies, and then put it all into code. This also means that I have decided on a scope for release of Femtocraft, and will discuss that now.
What will be in the first release?
As I said in previous posts, Femtocraft is intended to be the core mod for several up and coming mods I intend to release. As such, it will provide a solid base and not much else.
Each additional mod will address a portion of the game/Femtocraft and I will refer to these portions as "Submodules."
Current list of planned Submodules
- Smelting/Ores/Deconstruction - Reconstruction, Mass
- Femtocraft core Power generation
- Femtocraft Tech Tree system
- Player-based upgrades, World Generation (Nanite infested biomes, stable, unstable)
- Machine-based Creature harvesting. Vats and Feeding.
- Teleportation, Anti-Gravity fields.
Femtocraft will release with Industry, Power, and Research submodules.
- Research Console
- For putting research materials into, and performing the actual work of researching.
- Research Computer
- Allows players to view their current Technologies, and see what is required to advance into other areas.
- Portable Computer
- Portable research computer
- Malenite - Nether
- Reconstructor (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Deconstructor (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Furnace (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Crystallizer (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Horologe (Nano, Femto)
- Entangler (Nano, Femto)
- Vacuum Tube (discriminating)
- Vacuum Relay
- Suction Pipe
- Compression Chest (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Deconstruction/Reconstruction materials
- Interface Devices (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Cable (Micro, Nano, Femto)
- Atmospheric Charging Base (Micro)
- Atmospheric Charging Coil (Micro)
- Orbital Equalizer (Micro <-> Nano)
- NanoCube Frame
- NanoCube Port
- Geothermal Charging Coil (Nano)
- Geothermal Charging Base (Nano)
- Fission Reactor Core (Nano)
- Fission Reactor Housing (Nano)
- Null Energy Equalizer (Nano <-> Femto)
- FemtoCube Frame
- FemtoCube Port
- FemtoCube Chassis
- Stellarator Core (Femto)
- Stellarator Housing (Femto)
- Stellarator Focus (Femto)
- Stellarator Optical Maser (Femto)
- Plasma Turbine (Femto)
- Plasma Condenser (Femto)
- Plasma Vent (Femto)
I have not yet thought about the items required to make these, and so they aren't listed as of yet. This list is 90% set in stone. I may add/remove minor things, as I come close to my intended release sometime in June.